We are extremely excited for this weekend's festivities! Make sure to plan ahead and travel safely.
Here is a rough schedule for the weekend:
Friday, February 8th, 2013:
6pm-10pm: Early sign-ins for 2v2 and 6v6 (so you don't have to wake up as early Saturday morning)
7pm: Sign-ins for 3v3 Coed Tournament
8pm: 3v3 Coed Tournament Starts
Saturday, February 9th, 2013:
10am: Captain's meeting for squads
10am: Sign-ins for 2v2 main event
10:30am: Sign-ins for Squad main event
11am-2pm: 2v2 Prelims
3pm-8pm: Squad 6v6 Prelims
9pm-1am: Men's 1v1 and Women's 1v1 Tournaments
Sunday, February 10th, 2013:
9am: Sign-ups for Consolation 2v2 Tournament
10am-2pm: Consolation 2v2 Tournament
10am-2pm: 2v2 Bracket Play and 2v2 Finals
2pm-7pm: Squad 6v6 Bracket Play and Squad 6v6 Finals
For those of you who won qualifiers, the hotel rooms will already be reserved under your names and paid for for Friday and Saturday nights. If you have any issues, let us know.
WE ARE ON A TIGHT TIME SCHEDULE. Know the schedule and when you need to be somewhere. Ignorance is not an excuse. All of the times are pre-posted.
2v2 Main Event Info:
- There will be seven prelim rounds each alloted 25 minutes
- The top 32 teams will make day 2
- We will post the prelim standings as soon as the prelims are over. If there are any descrepancies, it is your responsibility to let us know immediately. If you do not bring it to our attention by 9pm Saturday night then the results will remain uncorrected regardless of the outcome or circumstances.
- There will be scorecards given to each team to keep track of your results for all 7 prelim matches. If you lose your scorecard (which also has your schedule on it), you will not get a replacement. So take a picture of it with your phones if you need to. You will have to turn in your scorecard to us at the end of the prelims or else your matches will not count.
- To have up-to-date results, the winners of each prelim match will be expected to come up to the scoring table and provide us with their team name (the winning team's team name), the cup differential, and the number of overtimes.
- If you do not show up for your game at the pre-determined table and time within 5 minutes of the game time, you will forfeit your game. If one player is there, they may play handicapped until their partner arrives but must start playing at the 5 minute mark and cannot stall the game or it will result in a forfeit. No exceptions.
- We are on a strict schedule so there is zero wiggle room
6v6 Main Event Info:
- There will be 7 prelim rounds each alloted 40 minutes.
- The top 16 squads make day 2.
- Each squad will have their schedules in advance.
- There will be a scorecard for each match that lists the player pairings and table the game should be played on.
- At the beginning of each round, the captains should come up to the scoring table and pick up the scorecard for your match.
- Each game is best of 1.
- Both captains are required to sign off on the scorecards at the end of each match and one of the captains must turn the scorecard back into the scoring table.
- Captains - keep your players in line and make sure they show up for your games. NO FIGHTING.
- If a player does not show up within 5 minutes, the game must start without said player and their partner can play handicapped if they choose so. If neither player is present after 5 minutes, the game is forfeited and given a 3 cup cup differential. If a player is playing handicapped, their partner can jump in as soon as they arrive to the table. The game cannot be stalled to give a player time to get there - stalling a game will result in a forfeit.
EXPECTATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Fighting is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal from the premises and ineligibility to participate in all tournaments. Your partner(s) cannot get subs to replace you. If we win any prizes and are thrown out for any altercations, you will forfeit said prizes. ZERO TOLERANCE.
- Damaging or theft of any equipment will also result in removal from the premises and ineligibility to participate in all tournaments. Your partner(s) cannot get subs to replace you.
- There are NO CASH GAMES OR FUN GAMES allowed in the ballroom. Keep those to your hotel rooms. The tables in the ballroom are meant strictly for official tournament use only. If we catch you playing cash games, you will be thrown out.
- There will be security present throughout the event. If you bring your own alcohol, keep it in your rooms. You cannot bring outside drinks into the ballroom or Miami Mikes
We appreciate your cooperation and support! This is going to be an awesome weekend! Please let us know if you have any questions.
Garrett and Mike